Panasonic Corporation, releases the “KAIROS”, next-generation IT/IP live video production platform to the market and starts shipping in September. KAIROS delivers significantly improved quality and productivity to the live video production, venue preparation and video streaming services of broadcasters and event producers for professional sports games, musical concerts and other events.
Panasonic releases the KAIROS next-generation live video production platform.
KAIROS was developed based on a new concept and architecture, and allows proprietary and innovative software to be executed on the GPU. It utilizes evolving IT ecosystems and provides future flexibility and scalability.
Today, live video production needs to adapt new technologies to create more sense of reality at event venues where multiple projectors and LED Video Walls are used to display multi-screen images. In addition, the COVID-19 pandemic highlighted the urgent need to incorporate new technologies for improving productivity of video production, for example, remote production through fully IP based connections. Since these technical evolutions and requirements are remarkably advancing, there are very few solutions to meet these requirements, however, KAIROS is the answer to these challenges among other devices, when optimizing our selection considering the future needs.
General-purpose IT equipment is deployed to run on CPU and GPU to take advantage of the most advanced IT technology. And the proprietary and innovative software technology has enabled unprecedented flexible live video processing with low latency executed on a GPU, while the open software architecture ensures excellent system flexibility and scalability. To enable swift utilization of rapidly evolving software and hardware ecosystem, Panasonic has established a program called “KAIROS Alliance Partners”. Through this program, Panasonic promotes linkage with the partners’ products as well as system integration with the aim of establishing KAIROS as a de facto standard of next-generation video production platforms. Panasonic proposes the new concept, “Smart Live Production” and KAIROS plays the central role in enhancing “creativity.” Panasonic continues to promote KAIROS that systematically links Panasonic’s reputed products such as cameras for capturing images and projectors/displays for presenting images.
KAIROS is compatible with not only baseband signals such as SDI, but also a diversity of other video inputs and outputs including ST 2110 and NDI®. Fully supporting the latest IP technology, KAIROS helps realize remote operation of live video production. Through the use of the GPU for video processing, KAIROS allows flexible video production using multiple layers with an unrestricted number of MEs or keys and the “CANVAS” screen unhampered by resolution or format. The GUI software offers easy, intuitive operation. The control panel is also easy to use and lets the user assign operation which enables space-saving video production. What’s more, KAIROS boasts its processing latency can be as low as one frame and supports Precision Time Protocol (PTP) synchronization, so it maintains the ambiences of sports events and musical performances intact in the live videos.
Panasonic will continue to develop and expand its platform and provide new value that can support the people working at the production or broadcasting of live videos to create a better life and a better world for its customers.
Allows flexible combination of a diversity of input and output interfaces such as ST 2110, NDI® and SDI with a variety of video formats.
- Fully supports baseband signals (12G/3G/HD-SDI, HDMI, Display Port)*1 and IP packets (ST 2110, NDI®, RTP).
- Unlimited number of inputs and outputs can be connected. Allows the same multi-input operation as when an external router is used.
- Up to 32 inputs and 16 independent outputs*2 can be used simultaneously in the case of HD (3G). Up to 8 inputs and 4 independent outputs*2 can be used simultaneously in the case of 4K (UHD).
- Two customizable multi-viewer outputs (Display Port) can display up to 36 images.
- Supports PTP (Precision Time Control) synchronization and allows the use of ST 2110-based system.
Flexible video expression by GPU processing, such as layered effects with unrestricted number of MEs or keys and format-free CANVAS.
- Unrestricted by the number of MEs or keys. Layers can be placed as many as the GPU capability permits, and keys, scaling and other effects can be applied. Color matte function is also provided.
- The CANVAS function (optional) enables the production of videos in a special format, such as 32:9 (for wall display), in addition to the standard 16:9 format. The multi-viewer displays special-format videos in the original format.
- Processing latency can be as low as one frame. Live images of sports events and musical performances can be captured with the ambiences intact.
- Equipped with a RAM recorder (8-ch, uncompressed) and Media Player (HD 2-ch, compressed) to enable the in-system playback of video files and their use as video sources. They also support still-image files.
Intuitive GUI, control panel with user assignable keys, software-based operability and expandability.
- ”KAIROS Creator” PC software features an intuitive GUI. GUI control panel can be displayed for space-saving operation.
- Addition of application software extends functions or enables linkage of external devices, thus allowing efficient system design according to the application and user needs and ensuring future expandability.
- ”KAIROS Alliance Partners” program has been established to promote collaborations with IT/video manufacturers and vendors. The program spurs the addition of software for the expansion of functions and linkage of external devices.
|Name||Kairos Core 100||Kairos Control||Kairos Creator|
|Product Name||Main Frame|
(Video signal processing)
(Settings and Operations)
|Product Name||4K option|
*1: Deltacast FLEX modules are required for baseband signals.
*2: Maximum number of inputs and outputs when option is used.
● NDI® is registered trademarks of NewTek in the United States.
For more information about KAIROS, please visit the product page.