Document Management solutions offer a number of benefits for businesses and it is no surprise that a number of businesses are embracing(or plan to soon) document management systems.
10 things you need to know about document management
A international survey aimed at business leaders found the flowing after asking about their use of document management solutions.
Document management dominates.
- Over 80% of respondents agree improving document management is a priority for them personally and for their organization.
Read more: 6 benefits of document management
Now is the time to modernize.
- 68% of organizations are actively modernizing their approach to document management
- 15% plan to in the future
Process automation is a natural complement.
- 1/4 of respondents plan to automate a process within 12 months.
You can start small or go all in.
- 37% of organizations implement document management agency-wide > 23% in a single department and 22% statewide.
Fast and configurable are key.
- When looking to procure, over 1/3 of organizations prefer a heavily configurable commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) solution.
- Only 10% prefer to develop a solution in-house.
Feature-rich is the new currency.
- The most important automated document management features are:
- 77% retrievable records
- 59% digitized electronic forms
- 50% electronic routing
- 30% error recognition
Read more: Document Management Trends
Not all solutions are created equal.
- Respondents say some unmet needs with current document management solutions are:
- 48% ease of use
- 35% storage
- 2% security
Procurement roadblocks exist.
- 38% of respondents say integration with other systems is the greatest challenge when justifying the need for a document management solution.
Department heads seal the deal.
- 64% of respondents say department heads, like C-suites and VPs, are the decision-makers most commonly involved in the selection process.
It’s all about the 3Ss: Security, Simplicity, and Savings
- Drivers in selecting a solution are:
- 60% Security
- 49% Simplicity, Ease of Use
- 45% Cost Savings
Digitising your documents allows for enhanced business solutions and boosts productivity overall. There are some really exciting features available with the top-level document management software and these should make remote accessibility faster and easier.