Panasonic introduces the 4K camcorder UX series to meet professional 4K video production needs. The AG-UX180 is the premium model with professional functions and specifications for high-end users.
This model is equipped with a newly designed compact lens featuring a wide 24mm angle and 20x optical zoom as well as a 1.0-type (effective size) high-sensitivity MOS sensor. Its evolved Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.) and intelligent AF function suitable for professional camera work.
The Panasonic AG-UX180 4K Camera Recorders supports 4K 24p, UHD 60p/50p, FHD 60p/50p multi-format recording and HD super slow-motion. Two SD memory card slots*2 are provided to enable relay/simultaneous/ backup recording for enhanced reliability, and also support UHD/FHD*3 dual codec recording for a more efficient workflow. The controls of the AG-UX180, such as the manual three rings and user button, as well as interfaces, such as 3G-SDI/HDMI and XLR input, are engineered to meet the needs of professional video recording. Offering the same level of agility and mobility as the conventional HD handheld camcorder, the AG-UX180 provides powerful support for high-image-quality 4K video production.
Newly Developed, Industry’s Widest Angle24mm*1 and 20x Optical Zoom Lens
- The 4-Drive Lens System achieved a up to wide 24mm angle and 20x optical zoom in the handheld camcorder with 1.0-type (effective size) sensor.
- The Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.) with a correction range expansion of approximately 900%*4 enables stable handheld shooting.
- The Micro Drive Focus Unit offers a high-speed auto focus function with excellent tracking performance and improved stability in 4K recording.
1.0-Type (Effective Size) MOS Sensor for High- Precision, High-Speed 4K 60p/50p*5 Recording
- The 1.0-type (effective size) MOS (approx. 9,460,000 pixels in 4K 24p*6, and approx. 8,790,000 pixels in UHD/FHD) offers an outstanding depth of field and excellent balance between image quality and sensitivity.
- 4K 24p, UHD 60p/50p, FHD 60p/50p multi-format and HD 120 fps (59.94 Hz) /100 fps (50 Hz) super slow-motion recording are available.
Professional Functions and Design, Including 3G-SDI and XLR Audio Input
- The manual three rings, user button and other controls are specially designed to satisfy professional users.
- Equipped with professional interfaces such as 3G-SDI output, XLR input, TC synchro input/output and wired remote control.
*1: 35mm film camera equivalent in 4K 24p (aspect ratio 17:9) recording. The angle of 24 mm is the industry’s widest for a camcorder with integrated lens. (As of September 2016, according to Panasonic survey.)
*2: UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) SD memory card is required for a video recording mode of 100 Mbps or higher.
*3: For information of available codecs, please see Page 8.
*4: Comparison with AG-AC160A. (Excluding the 4K 24p mode.)
*5: Actual recording is UHD (3840 x 2160) 59.94p/50p.
*6: At 4K 24p (aspect ratio 17:9)
* With regard to “24p” and “60p” other than that included in “4K 24p” in the above text, images are actually recorded at 23.98p and 59.94p, respectively.