Incredible savings for large construction company.
A large construction company who employs over 3,000 people and has several separate divisions in various locations spread around the country.
The Company was using almost 1,700 printing devices from various manufacturers, most of which were old, obsolete and nearing the end of their lifetime. Dust from the building sites had severely damaged many devices affecting output and quality. The operating cost of these devices was spiralling out of control and the directive was to regain control over their print costs and improve the efficiency of their document workflow.
Through a complete analysis the following was recommended and implemented:
- Device fleet was optimised, 1,700 out dated printers and copiers where replaced by 300 highly efficient KYOCERA TASKalfa Multifunction Printers (MFPs).
- All the TASKalfa MFPs were equipped with MyQ - controlling access to the MFPs by PIN or personal card identification.
- MyQ Service module was implemented providing automatic toner orders and systematic reports - limiting down time and reducing administration.
- MyQ central print monitoring system was implemented for all Kyocera MFPs, situated in more than 140 locations.
- An impressive 66 % savings on output costs.
- 20 % decrease in printing volume thanks to MyQ‘s continuous monitoring.
- No more lost printouts thanks to the fact that users identify themselves at the MFP before their documents are printed. Increased efficiency as jobs can be printed on any available device (Follow me function).
- The IT department uses less time managing the devices thanks to the MyQ systems.
A highly optimised print fleet and document workflow resulted in significant savings. The new fleet is only a fifth in size, while being more efficient, secure and easy to monitor and service.