Panasonic announced today that the KV-S1057C and KV-S1027C document scanners were awarded top honors as “Outstanding Departmental Scanner” and “Outstanding Mid-Size Workgroup Scanner” by Buyers Lab LLC (BLI). As the leading authority and provider of critical intelligence on the imaging industry, twice a year, the firm gives special recognition to products that provide the most outstanding performance during BLI’s rigorous evaluations. This season, a team of highly-experienced technicians evaluated leading scanners based on a multitude of functions and features including, value, ease of use, software integration, reliability, overall cost of ownership, speed and accuracy.
Panasonic's Newest Workgroup Scanners Win Buyers Lab "Summer 2015 Pick Award"
Recognized as BLI’s “Outstanding Departmental Scanner” for the Summer 2015 test season, the KV-S1057C received high marks for:
- Lower than average street price, total cost of ownership and associated cost per scan
- Better than average media-handling via its 100-sheet ADF
- Easy to use Image Capture Plus software that helps streamline the capture process
- Better than average OCR accuracy results for BLI’s black and blue test documents
- Faster than average color speeds at 300 dpi, and duplex speeds that exceeded simplex speeds
“Departmental scanning environments need capture solutions that can handle large volumes of documents daily without the hassle of misfeeds, slowdowns and cumbersome scan utilities,” said Lisa Reider, BLI’s senior product editor for scanners. “The 65-ppm Panasonic KV-S1057C exceeds those needs thanks to its robust proprietary software, easy-to-use hardware and maintenance design, efficient scan speeds and flawless reliability and performance. Panasonic has a history of making high-quality, BLI award-winning scanners and the KV-S1057C provides another example of the company’s commitment to scanner product excellence.”
Honored as “Outstanding Mid-Size Workgroup Scanner” for BLI’s Summer 2015 test season, the KV-S1027C achieved top recognition for:
- Lower than average total cost of ownership and associated cost per scan
- Better than average media-handling via its larger than average, 100-sheet ADF
- Easy to use Image Capture Plus software that helps to streamline the capture process
- Better than average OCR accuracy results for BLI’s black-and-white test document
- Faster than average speeds when measuring hardware throughput at 300 dpi
“The 45-ppm Panasonic KV-S1027C document scanner provides the function and flexibility to help most workgroup scanning environments tackle high volumes of documents each day,” said Lisa Reider. “Thanks to its bundled Image Capture Plus solution, users can easily organize and route documents to various destinations with little training required. Plus, its flawless reliability and performance, and standard three-year warranty, build confidence with end users.”
According to BLI, a product recognized as a top “Pick” is a hard-earned award that buyers and IT directors can trust to better guide them in their acquisition decisions.
“The move from paper to digital for businesses of all sizes is becoming increasingly important, and our scanner products deliver the highest level of efficiency, reliability and quality,” said Joseph Odore, Product Manager for Document & Imaging Products, Panasonic System Communications Company of North America. “We’re honored that our two workgroup scanners are recognized as a BLI “Pick” for their outstanding performance, low cost of ownership, versatility and speed.”
Pricing and Availability
The Panasonic KV-S1057C Scanner and KV-S1027C desktop high-speed document scanners with accompanying Nuance software are available immediately through authorized Panasonic resellers and include a Three-Year Standard Warranty with advance exchange services to ensure the scanner is up and running the next business day.
For more information on these desktop scanners, please contact us.